So since I can't actually send these letters till my kids are out of the evil clutches of their current school, I'm going to vent on all y'all. Sorry. (Most of) you don't deserve it.
Dear Control Freak Lady Who Runs the Front Office:
You are very very lucky that my Mother raised me to always be polite to others, even when they are not polite to me. For example: when I call and tell you that my child will not be in school today for personal reasons, and you ask me how you are supposed to "code" his absence if I don't give you a specific reason, you are very very lucky that I don't reply, "I don't give a crap."
And when, after you continue to press me, I tell you that it's a 'mental health day,' and you reply (intending, I assume, to inspire fear and awe in my irresponsible little Mommy heart) "Well, I'm going to have to ask Mr. Principal how he wants me to code this in, then," you are lucky I don't laugh out loud. Well, okay, I DID laugh out loud, for which I am marginally sorry, but you are lucky I didn't also reply, "You can code it however you want, lady, but he's not coming to school today if I don't think he should be in school today."
Mostly, though, I would just like to remind you that Lemmy is, in fact, MY child, and not yours.
Thank you.
Super L
6 comments:
oh, how I wish you had just said, "I don't give a crap." I'm trying to be more bold in my own life, and would like to live vicariously though anyone who behaves how I wish I could!
School Front Office Attendance Secretary job requirements:
1. Must be able to quickly annoy Parents
2. Have the ability to make parents feel 1/2" tall
3. Have knowledge of the Golden Rule but use it rarely.
4. Ability to ignore people when standing in front of you and carry on with a personal conversation (AKA multi-tasking)
5. repeat self like a broken record
6. must have a nasally voice, wear glasses or be overweight with a jolly laugh.
7. never really understand the function of your job but pretend you do.
There's more but I didn't want to bore you with the obvious. Now you know the real reason they dress up like a witch for Halloween it is the closest thing they could find to their true character.
I may have said too much. Maybe not enough:)
Missed opportunity Super L, missed opportunity.
"I'm not sure, how do you code, 'kiss my batooty'?"
And I'd like to know if I am of the most who don't deserve it crowd, or one who does?
You don't deserve it. You watch my child for hours on end, for crying out loud! You deserve some correspondence in your praise . . .
I have this same issue with our school office! They act like it is a federal offense to have your child miss school.
Can I just say...there are some beautiful things about homeschooling?!? ;)
Post a Comment