Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ways in which our new school is better than our old one, part 1.

I could make this a very short series by just saying, "Every possible way, except for Mrs. Midwest 2nd Grade Teacher and Mrs. Midwest Kindergarten Teacher, who were beyond fabulous." But I won't.

Instead I will give you a little sampling of the lunch menu choices (choices? yes, choices, five per day to be precise.) for this week's school lunch. Remember, though, this is the menu for the Lower Elementary School only, preschool through 2nd grade.



Spinach quiche

Chicken teriyaki

Gnocchi with fresh tomato sauce

Roast chicken with wild rice

Stuffed mushrooms with roast sweet potato

Couscous with eggplant

Spanish omelet with chickpea rice

Roast duck

Korean Style Chicken

Ratatouille



Yes. Ratatouille. On a kindergarten lunch menu. I mean, SERIOUSLY! Can I go eat school lunch?



The answer is yes, yes I can. Whenever I want. Which just could be WIWONSIBTOOS part 2.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

You have got to be kidding! I'm coming for lunch too!!

jm said...

Wow the closest my school EVER came to that menu was some kinda of seasoned chicken breast. Ummm all that stuff sounds great! Oh and btw... having a maid to do all your house cleaning is awesome. Clean your bathroom everyday?!! SWEET! I love when I clean my bathroom. I only wish I had someone do it for me everyday. Lucky girl. So I'm assuming your not planning to move back to the U.S.? Cause I wouldn't if I have all those luxuries. :)

Katie said...

But will they give you, as an adult, TWO scoops of mashed potatoes like they do in Utah? huh? huh?