So I know people want to take our pictures, but these two found it necessary to FOLLOW US AROUND for about 10 minutes, and through three different parts of the palace, shooting all the while. It was SO uncomfortable. If they had followed us to one more location, I was prepared to emulate my friend's two year old daughter and start sticking out my tongue in all the pictures, but luckily they tired of us.
Cletus, however, seems to have warmed to the whole idea of being a celebrity, and is now often to be seen hamming for the cameras. Unfortunately.

2 comments:
that's really weird. This is 2009 - surely they have seen white people before. You should just have head shots done and pass them out while you're out and about.
Do you remember the Alders? Her dad is the mission president in Bangkok and they went for a visit. Lindsay said that the people followed their little girl (with her blonde curly hair) around, touching her hair and taking pictures. I think by the end of a day of sightseeing and being a sight for the locals to see she was pretty frazzled. I would imagine your lovely hair gets much the same reaction--hopefully people will keep their hands off of you at least!
Post a Comment