
So you know what's more embarassing than having people ask you every day, "So how is the Great Wall?" and having to reply "Ummmm . . . haven't really been there yet . . ."
Nothing.
So we finally went. It was only an hour away, and it totally surpassed all our expectations. The weather was perfect, misty and warm, with all the cherry(?) trees blossoming and everything looking beautiful. It was also very, very steep--you have to climb a smallish mountain's worth of stairs to get to the wall itself, and I am still having a hard time going down the stairs 4 days later. Maybe next time we'll take the tram.
Please also note the new header, full of lots of good pararazzi photos.









5 comments:
SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! I really have no desire to go to Asia however, I DO have a grand desire to see the great Wall of China (yeah I know, it's in Asia......)
It's like hiking Half Dome, it also has a lot of stairs and they are actually on a mountain.
Funny, I would think mistaking the word "clean" for "sing" would be more embarrassing.
Glad you finally went. Now I can sleep easier at night, knowing you are just wasting your time there in China. Hey, how do you get the paparazzi pictures?
I laughed out loud at the Great Wall of China---Half Dome comparison. I guess I could say I've practically been to the Great Wall.
Ok, that is SO COOL!
I'm so very jealous about you walking on the Great Wall that I would hate you. But I like you too much to do that. Instead, I'll just have to live vicariously through your blog.
Post a Comment