So, apparently, I don't blog anymore. Which is a shame, because there's a lot of cool stuff around here. And I really should be sharing it with y'all. But I don't. Because I'm selfish that way.
We are back from our just-long-enough-to-jet-lag-and-then-jet-lag-again trip to Utah. And none of us were quarantined. It was wondrous and wonderful and some other words that use wonder. Wonder Bread? No. But we did eat a lot of Grandma Sycamore's home-baked. I really miss that stuff.
So here are lots of random pictures from our trip, followed by some random observations on China and America and life in general. You're welcome.
We are back from our just-long-enough-to-jet-lag-and-then-jet-lag-again trip to Utah. And none of us were quarantined. It was wondrous and wonderful and some other words that use wonder. Wonder Bread? No. But we did eat a lot of Grandma Sycamore's home-baked. I really miss that stuff.
So here are lots of random pictures from our trip, followed by some random observations on China and America and life in general. You're welcome.
Hogle Zoo has had both of these objects since I was a kid. I love them devotedly. I have multiple versions of me participating in these same photo ops as a little kid (and then as a teenage employee, feeling somewhat foolish but enjoying myself nonetheless). It's great to have this kind of continuity, where I can show my kids "Look, I didn't measure up either." Hooray. And I hope they never fix that hand.


Failed self-portrait on the carousel. Leafy Isaac hangs out with Aunt Merd. I am jealous of her hair.
So remember how I recently promised you pithy observations? Or any kind of observations? Yeah. I got nuthin'.
Wait. I got this:
So it's weird how fast you get used to the good life. For instance. My Ayi's son is sick, so she took the day off today. And it totally threw me for a loop. "Wait . . . you mean I have to take the kids WITH me to the store? Wow, that's going to suck."
Embarrassing.
And. All of my friends are still in the States, so I've gone 5 days without lunch with friends or a shopping outing together. And it's killing me. I mean, come on! I used to go weeks without significant social contact in the states, and now after three days I'm whining?
Embarassing.
I did, however, get a pedicure by myself today. I mean, you can take stoic self-deprivation TOO far . . .
And finally, has everybody heard this? Or seen this? It's good. Like, really, really good. Good. Also, it's good. Just so you know.
Thank you.







4 comments:
Why am I so happy?
Ha! That was funny.
I can't really read your blog, not sure if it's my computer or if everyone sees what I see. The words are hard to see. :( Boo.
I was in Utah prolly the same time as you. Shame we weren't aware.
I need to email you....
(Posted by Nobody, reposted after Super L messed it up somehow)
Yes, that is a good album.
No, you don't post enough. Definitely, sadly, completely, we miss you.
I am soooo ticked at myself! I was in Ogden and had a feeling I should stop by your parents and yet I didn't.........grrrrrrrr........I"m mad at myself cause I KNOW I would have seen you there.
I have some pretentious British friends I can lend you while yours are on hiatus.
In exchange for a pedicure. And an Ayi.
Post a Comment