They aren't really supposed to mean anything. For the most part, Chinese people don't know or care what it says, just the fact that it is in English makes them cool and sophisticated.
Sometimes Chinglish is a literal word for word translation of a Chinese phrase which just doesn't work in English ("Enjoy the Fruity Autumn, good gifts give away")and other times I'm convinced they just lift random lines from whatever English source materials they have. I bought my little brother a shirt last summer that just said "The just of" 25 times. What?
3 comments:
Ok, I'm assuming this shirt is an example of Chinglish at it's finest. But what on earth is it supposed to mean???
I'm wondering the same things as Cindy!
They aren't really supposed to mean anything. For the most part, Chinese people don't know or care what it says, just the fact that it is in English makes them cool and sophisticated.
Sometimes Chinglish is a literal word for word translation of a Chinese phrase which just doesn't work in English ("Enjoy the Fruity Autumn, good gifts give away")and other times I'm convinced they just lift random lines from whatever English source materials they have. I bought my little brother a shirt last summer that just said "The just of" 25 times. What?
Post a Comment