Friday, March 26, 2010

The big decisions are the hardest.

It's a quandry.  I'm down to two last episodes of Pushing Daisies. 



Which means that very soon I will have a decision to make.  Do I wolf down these last tasty morsels of perfection, gorging myself on their witty, sublime excellence?  Or do I savor, Belgian Chocolate style, watching one episode every few months to extend the joy--savoring the wonders of lines like "It would be difficult to rape and pillage with the subtlety of a Humanist" and "They came highly recommended. In their home county, they’re the most decorated figures since Thor Bjorklund–inventor of the hand-held cheese slicer."

Or I could do like that woman I heard about at the library.  She read every Agatha Christie--except one.  That one she bought, and treasured, and pondered, and never ever read.  She couldn't bear for it all to be over. 

Sigh.  It's a quandry.

6 comments:

singinggoldielocks said...

So- I have never heard of this show but it looks REALLY intriguing. How clean is it?

Katie said...

Irish proverb: may all your wishes come true, but one, so you always have something to wish for.


You watched them both last night, didn't you? I can never make myself wait.

Olivia Meikle said...

goldie--squeaky. It's my new favorite show, maybe ever.

Katie--I did NOT! But only because they were GONE from our semi-legal british online site. Crused Brits and their copyright law! Now I have to get them off ITunes . . . .

Alesa Larsen said...

I love this show. So sad when it got cancelled. Why does it seem anything whitty or somewhat intelligent gets cancelled, while the brainless show stick around forever. Enjoy the moment. If you own the dvd's it means they are never truly over, you can enjoy them again.

Alicia said...

Trust me, just watch them! You want to know how it ends and it won't get any less awesome on repeat viewings. Said as someone who has done many, many a marathon.

Studio Location said...

love this post... love what little I have scene of your blog. Yes your children are geniuses. Looks like an exciting adventure of a life. Good to see things are going well.