Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When You're #16, You Try Harder

The problem with me is that when I miss a large span of time on blogging, I feel no real desire to go back and recap.  This means that lots of great posts that I wrote in my head, and lots of great pictures of lots of great trips that we take, never materialize on here.  I realize you are all bereft from this loss, and I apologize. 

But you're still not getting the Shanghai pictures.


However, here's a newish development.  Another school year has begun, disconcertingly early due to the fact that when you get Chinese holidays and Western holidays off, there's a lot of time to make up.  We enjoyed(?) a round of Back-to-School Nights this week, and settled into the groove. 

But mostly what you're here for is this.  Here is a priceless little peek into the interior of Cletus's brain, courtesy of his poster on the classroom wall.

What is Important
by Cletus
  1. Body Parts
  2. Food
  3. Sports
  4. Organs
  5. Bones
  6. Fun
  7. Snakes
  8. Jets
  9. Hobbies
  10. Books
  11. Movies
  12. Hair
  13. The Environment
  14. Sun
  15. Brains
  16. Family
  17. School
  18. Money
  19. Reading
  20. Pets
  21. Animals
  22. Recycling
  23. Air
  24. Water
  25. Rain
  26. Home
  27. Gravity
  28. Forces
  29. Health
  30. Love
  31. Friends
I'm pleased that Family beats out Money.  Also Air, Water and Gravity.  Even if we do lag a bit behind Snakes.  And Sports.  And Hair. 

4 comments:

Cindy said...

LOL!! Gotta love a kid's brain!

Megan Raines said...

and you're behind the environment...Al Gore would agree (apparently) sounds like a future democrat.

Miss you guys!

Alicia said...

I'm just looking at this again...what are forces? At #28? Like forces of nature? Or supernatural forces?

Olivia Meikle said...

I asked him what kind.

"I don't know. Just, like, forces."

Okay, then.