Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

I assume you are all out there devouring red-bean-and-whole-egg-yolk-flavored moon cakes, and staring up at the poor semi-immortal woman who lives on the moon with the Jade Rabbit, wishing her better luck this year in her quest to create another immortality pill.  I know we are. 


In other news, we heartily enjoyed another church campout at the Great Wall this weekend. Friends, fun, and narrow escapes from death in the giant firework-enchanced bonfire always keep things exciting. Plus, there's something about going to church in a courtyard built into the base of The Wall while also listening to the not-so-distant chanting coming from the Buddhist Temple located within the nearest guard tower that's just cool. 


2 comments:

singinggoldielocks said...

I'm green.....

Megan Raines said...

That was one of my favorite things about Beijing! It seems I was just there taking pictures of my kids on that miniature great wall.