One of our very favorite winter activities in BJ is Ice Carting and Ice Biking at Houhai lake. Why this has not caught on in the states I cannot imagine, because it is ridiculously fun. Even when it's very, very, very cold. Very. Cold.
![]() |
| Houhai with poshed-up hutongs in the background |
![]() |
| This is about 15 minutes before Leafy Isaac started shaking unontrollably and we decided perhaps it was time to go home. |





5 comments:
I want an ice cart! waaaahhhhhh
Hi Livi,
I came across your blog on face book and just wanted to say it is really fun to read about your life in China! You are a great writter and I enjoy reading how you write! Keep up the good work and enjoy life!
Take care,
Amy Crook
Hi Olivia! That is my absolute favorite thing to so in winter in Beijing. I can taste the hawthorn candy too. I hope you guys are all well. Miss you!
Megan,
If you come back I will buy you some haw fruit. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
:)
Megan,
If you come back I will buy you some haw fruit. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?
:)
Post a Comment