So Big M and I have set out on a quest to un-squelch our Creative Selves. For me, this has involved actually starting to write my book again, and working through a brilliant book called The Artist's Way. You should all get it, now. Unless you want to stay squelched. Then by all means . . .
But anyway, my assignment for this week was to choose what I would be if I had 5 other lives to live (singer-songwriter, Irish dancer, pastry chef, Egyptologist, jazz singer in the 40's) and then do one of those things this week. So, at long last, and shrimpy shortie fingers aside, I have learned to play the guitar. Yesterday. I can now play Justin Roberts' "The Hippopotamus Song" and Johnny and June Carter Cash's "If I Were a Carpenter." Very, very slowly.
Thank you, thank you.
2 comments:
Nice! I'm seriously impressed. I've tried a few times to play the guitar but my patience runs out after about...um, 5 minutes. Way to live the Artist's Way!
Hmmm, I'm guessing that comment came from Katie--I'm fairly sure Marc has spent more than 5 minutes playing the guitar. I mean, I know when I listen to his CD it's at least half an hour long. . .
I can now play frankie and johnnie too.
Post a Comment