Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It really puts your life in perspective . . .

. . . when you have friends who are so much cooler than you are. Like, when you're out to dinner with them and they can just casually drop into the conversation statements like these:

"Well, when I was a pilot firefighter in Alaska one summer. . ." or "I know when I was hiking in Australia, my friend and I walked into this huge spider web and a spider this big (dinner plate) was sitting on his shirt . . ." or "Once when I was crossing a rope bridge in Nepal, all these yaks started crossing the other way, and we had to scrunch up against the ropes to let them all past . . ."

Seriously. Yaks. Why are these people even friends with us? We're like the nerdy seventh graders who get to eat with the most popular 9th graders, for no discernable reason. Thanks, guys!

No comments: