Okay, what is wrong with people?Yesterday on the way home from piano lessons, I was sitting at a stoplight when the guy in front of me nonchalantly set his glass bottle out the window of his car and onto the street. Right in front of my car. Do people seriously still do that? I mean, I realize I was raised in the height of the "Don't Waste Utah" campaign, and to me littering is only slightly less wrong than, say, murder. But STILL!
So, fresh from a family discussion about how I should be more willing to publicly voice my disapproval of anti-social behavior, I honked. Once. Briefly.
Boy, that guy sure showed me! He immediately threw a can of something out of this window. And another. Then, as he turned and began merging onto the freeway, a pack of cigarettes, two more cans and (swerving wildly with each throw) a full fountain drink. What a genius. He's CLEARLY injuring me with his petty display, and not wasting any of his own money throwing out full drinks and pack of cigarettes.
He then drove very very slowly for a while on the bridge, waiting, I'm sure, for me to pass him so he could throw things AT my car instead of just in front of it. Finally he tired of this and drove off, darting wildly in and out of traffic. I'm sure he felt he had sufficiently taught me a lesson. I just wish he could have seen how hard I was laughing.
2 comments:
The world is full of smart people.
I'm with you on the littering thing. It makes me insane. And I always wonder--where are the police to arrest stupid people like that?!?
Post a Comment