Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shameless self promotion.

Yesterday I ran 2.2 kilometers. That is 1.36701 miles. This is possibly a new record. Which proves to me that I am, in fact, very easily manipulated by meaningless stuff. I rarely if ever make it past the one mile mark. But when those little numbers on the treadmill are whizzing past so much faster it makes me feel all . . . capable. "Look at me!" I think, "I have just run a whole kilometer! And I feel so . . . fresh! I could probably run ANOTHER kilometer! Ha! I must be some kind of athelete or something!"

2 minutes later.

"Wow! 1.5 kilometers! I'm just sailing along here! I'm practically a track star!!!"

And other equally embarassing self-congratulatory twaddle.

But hey, I ran 2.2 K. I ran HALF of a 5K! Looka me, everybody! I am awesome.





Shut it.

4 comments:

Cam said...

Keep up the good work! Half a 5K is more than most people can do.

NOBODY said...

You ARE fresh!
Congratulations. It feels good to see more than, "o.2 miles fatty, is that the best you can do!"
I mean, I suspect it feels good. That's all I see.

Katie said...

see, I stand by my theory that Hendersons ARE long distance runners, we just usually won't try.

But the true test is whether you're still on the treadmill in a couple weeks. Don't they get boring?

ucmama said...

That's 2 km longer than I can go - Way to work it!