During our walk around the neighborhood last week:
"Mom, how do we know that God is God?"
"What?"
"How do we know that God is God? Like, that it's not someone else just tricking us?"
"Well, remember how you feel good feelings when you pray, and you feel happy when you do good things?"
pause
"Yeah, but what if there's someone else out there and he's trying to trick us to think he's God but really it's just someone bad tricking us?"
"Well, why would someone bad want us to do good things?"
pause
"But what if Good and Bad aren't opposites?"
"Wow. Those are very good questions."
Seriously? Is my child a philosphy prodigy? I thought we weren't supposed to start asking these kinds of questions till, like, college? I guess I'd better go dig out my old philosophy books. And the CS Lewis.
1 comment:
That kid's got an open and wide-ranging mind!
Post a Comment