Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I was a Nerd for Halloween

Every so often, I come smack up against some solid-gold proof of just what a nerdy bunch we are around here.  Halloween seems to offer these proofs more often than one would expect.  But as we always say in this house:

Nerd is the New Cool



What, your kids didn't dress up as Agatha Christie's Belgian
detective Hercule Poirot and his able secretary Miss Lemon?

Or as our friend and neighbor RR, circa 1987

Or as Sherlock Holmes? ("the Jeremy Brett one, Mommy, not that new one")

Or as "Opehlia c. 1905 in blue dress by John William Waterhouse?"  (Sorry, I didn't take a picture of me)
or as an elephant? 

Okay, I guess that one's kind of normal.  Maybe there's some hope for Leafy Isaac.



Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Petertammenson said...

Jeremy Brett is our favorite Sherlock! Although the new chap is quite intriguing! Love the costumes! And awesome that you went to Spain - me, I've always wanted to go to Portugal - I blame it on a National Geographic I saw when I was in junior high...