Here are the rules: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions, 3 surprising facts and tag 3 more people on your blog.
Joys:
1) I know it's lame to say your family because everybody says their family. I don't care. My husband is an incredible, hilarious, handsome, brilliant, amazingly perfect man, my kids are (usually) incredible, hilarious, handsome, brilliant, and moderately obedient. Also, my OTHER family--my parents are the kind of parents you dream of having, my siblings are all brilliant people I would associate with of my own free will, and I'm proud to be counted among them. So, sorry. Family it is.
2) Creative work. Any kind--writing, singing, scrapbooking, making playdoh sculptures with my kids . . . it all feeds my soul.
3) Travel. I love the new perspectives, new experiences and new skills it offers. Also, I love that it makes me cooler. I can always use some of that.
Fears
1) Horrible things happening to my kids and me not being able to help them.
2) Being overprotective of my kids, because of my irrational fears.
3) Scorpions. To the extent that I can never, ever, ever live in Arizona.
Obsessions
Hmmmm, only 3? Hendersons are pretty obsessive folks . . .
Well, mine tend to go in waves. Currently it's probably coupon shopping, "Dr Bell and Mr. Doyle," and digital scrapbooking.
Surprising Facts
Ummm, I talk a lot. a lot. I think everyone I know knows all about me.
1) I would willingly have another baby, today. If it didn't have to include the actual giving-birth part. Pregnancy--good. Newborns--my favorite. C-sections that go horribly, horribly wrong? No thank you.
2) I have never been skiing. And I spent most of my life in a state with the "Greatest Snow on Earth."
3) If I had had my way (and a basic level of competence) I would be an Egyptologist right now. Alas, failing three archaeology classes in a row kind of killed that dream. But you have to at least give me credit for determination. Ridiculous, pathetic determination.
Okay. Tag! You're it! Katie, Becky and Cam. (But only if you want to :)
3 comments:
Love it.
Did you know Jean Francois Champollion spent over TWO YEARS just trying to figure out the bit of hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone? Maybe you just gave up too soon ;)
thanks for the tag! but I was tagged a while ago already so maybe I should give it up for someone else...
My GPA begs to differ. It thinks I gave up way, way later than I should have.
Post a Comment