Monday, December 1, 2008

Big M's Celebrity Sightings

So Big M has seen several "Celebrities" (and he wants me to stress that the quotes are, in fact, very necessary) in all of his gallivanting around airports of the world.

Like, he saw Dustin Hoffman once in the London airport.

And, he sat RIGHT NEXT to David Hyde Pierce (aka Niles Crane) on a Southwest flight once. Unfortunately, though Frasier would become one of our favorite shows a couple of years later, at that point he had never seen it, so didn't know who he was sitting by.





And, he once saw a Wrestler, later discovered to be "Cactus Jack" in the airport bookstall. He only knew he was famous because he was wearing a shirt with his own face on it. Big M's Professional Wrestling Knowledge, though impressive in its scope and detail, dates firmly from when the WWE was the WWF.


And, Big M and I once saw Blues Traveler walking through the airport. Big M recognized them. I did not. (I refuse to put a picture of Blues Traveler on my blog. Wrestlers are one thing, but come on . . . )


So this got us thinking--what "celebrities" have you guys seen in airports?



And then, that got ME thinking, can any of these celebrities help me win the Kevin Bacon Game?Therefore, I call on Kevin Bacon Game Uber-Champion Thomas to assist us in this endeavor. You guys post your celebrity airport sightings, and Thomas, if he is willing, will help us Kevin Bacon them. (I know, Thomas, I know--Dustin Hoffman is WAY too easy and beneath your specialized talents. Sorry)



Ready? Set? GO!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I met Stephen Hawking in the Musee d'Orsay in Paris! does that count?

We saw Patrick Stewart in Stratford upon Avon, too!

rychelle said...

No airport sitings, but I did see Reese Witherspoon in a McDonalds before!!! I know that sounds untrue and crazy...but it is true!!

Cindy said...

No airport sightings, but I did see Michael J Fox at Blockbuster in LA, and Samuel L Jackson in a nightclub. It was cool!

Olivia Meikle said...

Okay, I am just waiting for Big J's airplane story, which I happen to know is excellent, and then the agreeable Thomas will be providing us all with impressive links from your personal celebrity to Kevin Bacon. Patience, people, I know it's exciting, but we all just have to wait . . .

Not that I mean to rush you, or anything, Big J.