Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Goodbye, Midwest!

We are officially homeless. It's a weird feeling. Also, we own no cars. Very, very weird. But we made it to Grandma's alive, and the 3 1/2 hr flight was a loverly preview of the big one yet to come. And it only had 1/2 hour of screaming. (Mostly not from me).

I saw today that the weather in my old town was 2. Just 2. (Insert maniacal laughter here). I mean, um, yeah, really sorry to be out of there.

However, it is weird to realize that it will be three more weeks (after already spending a week in a hotel) that we are out of our own house. Plus, we have never been at our parents for more than a week since we got married. It's going to be interesting.

Also, how did Christmas suddenly get 1.5 weeks away? Why didn't someone TELL me? I am so not PREPARED! What the crap?!?!?!?

Okay, sorry for this dumb post. But in a few short weeks there will be actual good things for me to blog about. Not that it's ever slowed me down before.

PS--also, I am truly grateful for the fact that while Lemmy threw up immediately BEFORE the flight, and Cletus immediately AFTERWARDS, nobody threw up ON the flight. Thank heaven for small miracles.

4 comments:

NOBODY said...

I did not throw up ANYWHERE.

Rude.

NOBODY said...

Just kidding.

Okay, we miss you already.

I was thinking about you as I was driving the kids to school in 2 DEGREE WEATHER!!!!!!!! And I thought, sweetly, aw, Super L doesn't have to deal with this.

I'm not feeling so sweet about it now, since you laughed maniacally at our misfortune of STILL BEING STUCK HERE.
Ahem.
That is all.

singinggoldielocks said...

You are so funny.....off to the world of communism. It's just too bad that I don't notice your change of titles sooner. I'm so glad you are safely in Utah and that the puking thing worked out to your benefit (um.....sort of.......?). The long flight- well, never flown to CHINA but Scotland was long enough. Make SURE you have bulk head seating......lots of snacks, activities, and doping medicine for the children.......

Becky said...

We call those "Tender Mercies!", manaical laughter back!