Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kevin Bacon Game

Thanks to Thomas, we now have some answers for the Kevin Bacon Game! If yours aren't here, fear not, I gave him a couple batches of names, and yours will surely be arriving soon. Final winners will not be revealed till all votes are tallied.

Before we begin, I'd like to state that I know that in this day and age of IMDB and when read instead of seen live, etc, these skills may not seem so impressive. You would be wrong in thinking this. Let me assure you that were you there when Thomas was presented with this list of names, you would witness a minor miracle. Not only would the stream of associations begin to flow immediately after you said them, there would also be absolutely no thinking time. Just immediate, mind-boggling answers.


So. Here we go, with points awarded for degrees of Kevin Bacon. Lowest wins.


Dustin Hoffman was in "Sphere" with Sharon Stone who was in "He Said, She Said" with Kevin Bacon. (Big M: 2 points)


Reese Witherspoon was in Legally Blonde with Candace Bergen who was in Miss Congenialty with The Great Shatner who was in Star Trek 6 with Christian Slater (brief cameo on the Excelsior) who was in "Murder in the First" with Kevin Bacon. (Rychelle: 4 points)


Patrick Stewart was in Star Trek: Generations" with The Great Shatner who was in Star Trek 6 with Christian Slater who was in "Murder in the First" with Kevin Bacon. (Marc and Katie: 3 points)


Michael J. Fox was in "Back to the Future 2" with Elizabeth Shue who was in "Hollow Man" with Kevin Bacon. (Cindy: 2 points)


Samuel J. Jackson was in "Loaded Weapon 1" with Emilio Estevez who was in "Flatliners" with Kevin Bacon. (Cindy: 2 points)


And, Big J, I will enter you since you refuse, and submit your infamous Bobby Brown Airplane Encounter for you. Mostly just cause I want to see Thomas tackle that one.


And now, for my secret weapon: Big M's personal Kevin Baconness! That is correct, Big M is secretly a movie star. How, you ask? He is the dominating star of two whole scenes (each 4 seconds long) in the masterpiece of filmmaking that is "Hostage High." Of course, when he was in it, it was called "Detention: Siege at Johnson High," wasn't rated R, and was a TV-movie. But whatever. So, for your edification, I now present:


Big M was in Hostage High with Henry Winkler who was in Scream with Neve Campbell who was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon. (Big M: 3 points, with bonus points for personal involvement).


Updates will continue, but for the moment, it seems to be a three way tie with Big M, Cindy, and . . . Cindy. Way to go, people!

5 comments:

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Reese Witherspoon is in "Sweet Home Alabama" with Fred Ward. Fred Ward is in "Tremors" with Kevin Bacon.

I cheated a bit on IMDb only because I knew Fred Ward's face but not his name.

Any points for me?


Thad.

Cindy said...

Reese Witherspoon was in Sweet home alabama with dakota fanning who was in world of wars with tom cruise who was in A few good men with Kevin Bacon..

I did not use IMDB...JK

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindy said...

samuel L Jackson was in PULP FICTION with JOHN TRAVOLTA who was in BROKEN ARROW with CHRISTIAN SLATER who was IN MURDER IN THE FIRST with KB

Cindy said...

I will stop now!!