Friday, December 19, 2008

Things I had (almost) forgotten about Utah

  • Drivers are crazy.

  • Nobody says their T's. (Not Nobody. nobody. Though Nobody does say hers.)

  • Utah Public Radio is so much better than (Midwest State) Public Radio.

  • The lights at Temple Square are really really beautiful.

  • Overpasses/freeway entrances need to be unbelievably and unneccessarily elaborate. No, they really, really do. Trust us.

  • Downeast basics is a really great store.

  • Kim is one of my best friends for several very good reasons. Sawatee is only one of them.

  • There are SO MANY KIDS around here! And the pregnant women! The pregnant women!!

  • Snow can actually be fun when the temperature stays above zero.

  • Stephens hot cocoa really is that good.

  • My family is AWESOME! (Okay, I didn't really forget that one.)

7 comments:

ucmama said...

Whatever, you totally miss 5 inches of snow and ice mixed together and temps that go above 5 degrees all day. You can't fool me.

Dwight and Heidi said...

If you haven't been to Downeast's clearance center, you have to go while you're here. If you need shopping partners my sisters and I would be happy to accompany you.

-Heidi

(By the way, there were a lot of T's in that comment and I said all of them.)

sarah said...

OK, I totally agree! The first thing we saw coming into the valley yesterday was the even more elaborate scenes on the sides undersides of the bridges.

Also, I am very much enjoying the weather here, and snow is VERY fun when the temperature is above zero!

And, I do have to say, going out to your car to heat it up, it's nice that you don't have to chip the ice off the windshield for 20 minutes before going anywhere.

sarah said...

PS. Stephens is sold in Walmart...WALMART!!

And, lots of new cars/SUV's

ucmama said...

I also have to say that you could have called your blog There Are Communists in my Backyard when you lived here - HA!

T.A.T.I Crew said...

How long will you be in Utah?

We should get together.

Seriously.

Olivia Meikle said...

UCMama: Don't.

D & H: If only furniture would fit in a suitcase.

Word Girl: Amen. And also, what the crap? Why didn't you TELL me?

UCMama again: No, those are fascists. Communists are at least generally well-meaning. He's evil to his very core.

TATI: Check your email :)